Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Amazon.com Wish List has a Potty on it

Yes, that's correct. My Wish List that used to have things like digital cameras and books, and gifts that I was going to buy my husband or other family members, but now, it has a potty on it.

Actually, more than one potty. I have to figure out which one I like best. The one that sings a song when you do something in it, or the plain ole reliable bjorn.

Mom, you're embarrassing me!
Photo: Stephanie O'Neill Photography
Ella signed the word "bath" yesterday morning, and this morning. She typically takes her baths at night but we figured ok, she signed "bath" so let's give her a bath. Big mistake. For the first (and second) time ever, she dropped a bomb in the bath. We thought it was a one time thing yesterday morning, but nope, it happened again.

My husband has the idea that she may be ready for potty training. And maybe her sign for bath really means I have to go potty. And maybe she thinks the bath is just one really big toilet. I keep telling him that it's still about a year or more away, but maybe we'll run into some sort of dumb luck and have a baby who wants to go potty on the toilet. Who knows.

But, thank you, Ella, for changing my life and my Amazon.com wish list in ways I never thought it could be changed. Potty, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment